I am simply hooked on making smoothies with my NutriBullet. One of my favorite smoothies is Banana and Berries. It is very simple and easy to make. You only need a few ingredients and you instantly have a refreshingly delicious smoothie that is very healthy for you.
You should always experiment with things that you have already at home. I am a big proponent of using what you have instead of going out to purchase new items.
- 1 peeled banana – medium size
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. I always freeze my berries to help them last longer/
- About ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (to the fill line). You can experiment with other milk, such as soy, or rice milk. The object is to use what you have
Place all of the ingredients in your NutriBullet and blend until smooth. This should take less than 2 minutes. Remember to pulse the items. You should have 2 servings from this recipe. Since you are using the large container, you should judge for yourself if this will be enough for two or for one. It can go either way. Once again, it all depends on how much you want to consume of this delicious banana & berries fruit smoothie.
Here is a Whole Foods Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe. Should you care to be daring and go shopping for special ingredients, feel free to experiment with this Banana Berry Smoothie recipe from Whole Foods Market.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup skim milk or unsweetened soymilk, ricemilk or almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup ice cubes, (optional)