Ice Cream!!! Who doesn’t love ice Cream? I have fond memories as a child enjoying decadent ice cream. I was overjoyed when I created a mouthwatering recipe for delicious vegan ice cream that is organic.
The first question is what is t that we love so much about this refreshing ice cold dessert that we call ice cream?
Immediately, the creaminess and and rich taste comes to mind.
Now what are some of the things that are not so positive about traditional “Moo Cow” ice cream?
There are several things that come to mind which are dairy (so many people are lactose intolerant), MSG, bad fat, Sugar, etc…
In this blog post, I want to share a few reasons why you should consider choosing Vegan Ice Cream over Dairy Ice Cream (Moo Cow Ice Cream). I only ask you to listen and think about these things before you make up your mind.
First let’s get the disclosure up front, that World Class Raw Desserts make and offers raw vegan ice cream bars. Our Vegan Ice Cream Bars are: gluten free, dairy free, soy free, no MSG, no GMO, and no processed sugars. We sweeten our ice cream bars with raw agave nectar, which has a low glycemic index, and will not give you a sugar rush.
Now back to the subject at hand: “Moo Ice Cream” (Dairy Ice Cream) vs. Vegan Ice Cream
In dairy ice cream cow’s milk is used than can contain certain types of protein and antibodies, that are difficult for the human body to digest. These substances can cause harm to a human intestine, especially to those that are lactose intolerant. Which in turn can lead to an imbalance in the microflora which can cause the degeneration of the human intestine.
The Content of iron in cow’s milk is very low. When cow’s milk get into our stomach, acidic digestive juices, causes it to coagulate and form sticky matter, similar to cheese. This “cheese encloses pieces of other food in the stomach. The coagulated milk has to be digested before other food. If this process occurs frequently, it can cause ulcers.
- Cow’s milk has a lot of protein – Firstly we do not need so much protein in our diet. Our large intestine has a special kind bacteria, able to synthesize proteins from carbohydrates in plant base food.
- Cow’s milk contain casein – Casein contained in milk is broken down in the stomach by rennet.
- Children after 2 years old, digestives systems, does not produce rennet anymore and for that reason, casein can be hard to digest. Undigested casein is the source, of lumps in various parts of our body can forms kidney stones, can clog blood vessels and even lead to deformity.
On a positive note: Milk is rich in calcium, which is necessary for the development of your bones. However, we can’t forget that nuts, sesame seeds and cabbage are also high in calcium.
One of the greatest benefits of vegan calcium is that it is easily absorbable into the body and does not pose the risk of increasing cholesterol or causing heart and circulatory problems like cow’s milk that contains animal fat.
If you are still leaning towards choosing Moo ice cream over vegan ice cream – take a look at some of the benefits of raw vegan ice cream
- Vegan Ice Cream is Creamy
- Vegan Ice Cream tastes great. (Most people can’t tell the difference)
- Vegan Ice Cream is live plant based food and has digestive enzymes which makes it easy to digest.
- Vegan Ice Cream uses natural sweeteners like agave in raw vegan ice cream bars. This will help you avoid a sugar rush.
- Vegan Ice Cream is low in fat, which is great for keeping the pounds off.
- Vegan ice cream contain good fats, and has a low glycemic index. It is easily digestible and helps produce energy.
Enjoy Vegan Ice Cream – This enables you to “Have The Best of Both Worlds”.